Print Friendly, PDF & Email

IR Staff Opinion Page


Libraries Are No Place for Censorship
By IR Staff – 09/18/08

Quite a controversy has been stirred in the past few weeks over a single book at the Lewis and Clark Library.

The book, “The Joy of Gay Sex,” was petitioned to be removed from the library’s shelves after a Helena man stumbled upon it on one of his frequent visits to the library.

In a public hearing Tuesday night, the testimonies of supporters advocating to keep the book slightly outnumbered those who wanted it removed from the shelves.

The debate over this book, which has been available at the library since the early 1990s, resides over whether the content of the book belongs in a public library setting, paid for by taxpayer money, for all to see.

But the heart of the argument goes beyond the content of a single book and points to the type of resource a public library should be.

And it should be a place free of prejudice.

That means making available books that serve a wide variety of interests. A library should be the vehicle to learn, the portal to information.

Much like a newspaper, a library should be a reflection of the community in all the books and services it offers.

On the eve of Banned Book Week, Sept. 27 to Oct. 4, the only national celebration of the freedom to read, it’s relevant to note the history behind the challenge of books in libraries, schools and bookstores.

Thousands of books have been challenged over the years, for reasons ranging from violence or sexuality, profanity and slang, racial and social.

It’s interesting also to look at some classics that have banned from libraries in the past:

— “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” by Mark Twain

— “Forever …” by Judy Blume

— “Catcher in the Rye” by J.D. Salinger

— “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” by J.K. Rowling

— “Beloved” by Toni Morrison

Indeed, nearly every book on the library shelf could potentially offend or disgust a reader. And there are some subjects which have no place anywhere.

Yet it would be a far greater disservice to a community — and to democracy — to have a library that censors what people can and cannot see.

Comments:

monkey wrote:

It’s nice to see this from the Library Staff. I’m sure no one will be surprised when you vote to keep the book, regardless of how many of us parents send in comments that we don’t want that trash in our library. And good job trying to compare the joy of disgusting gay sex to The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. You’ve just spurred me on to encourage every parent I know to oppose this book. Obviously it’s not going to matter how many do, your "staff" has their mind made up. SAD.

Colton wrote:

Question? What is the IR point of view on current library Electronic Access Policy? Specifically paragraph 4 – "All Internet resources accessible through the Library are provided equally to all library users."

Does this mean the IR condones men viewing explicit pornography at a computer station next to an 13 year old girl trying to complete a homework assignment at an adjacent computer?

Or has fear of censorship has replaced common sense?

al wrote:

Kudos to the IR for taking this public stand against the most recent attempt at library censorship. The self-appointed moralists behind such efforts to censor are less concerned about "protecting society" than they are about furthering their own agendas and aspirations. Freedom-loving people must never fail to confront them and deny them.

skosena wrote:

I am a bible believing christian…I am morally opposed to the gay life style. That being said….I think the book should STAY… I want our library to serve and educated all kinds of interests. There are those that do not agree with my faith….or hunting…or having children…but we should not and can not dictate to one another what we believe or embrace. And as a parent it is my job to monitor and police what my children read and where they browse in the library.

c’est moi wrote:

This situation serves the families of Helena by bringing to parents’ attention the quality of literature at Lewis & Clark Public Library.
Conversely (or not – who knows?), this situation lets young children know the quality of literature at Lewis & Clark Public Library.

But let’s keep hammering this censorship issue – after all, it’s all about choice, and we want our children to make well-informed choices; especially about sex. And if children can’t get information from their parents or their churches regarding morality and life choices, then it’s the public libraries’ responsibilty to provide the necessary resources to help shape your children’s lives.

I stand by my comment yesterday encouraging families to have their children wash their hands after visiting the Lewis & Clark Library.

patriot wrote:

The IRs opinion concerning the removal from the library The Joy of Gay Sex seems a little contradictory. The second to last paragraph, Indeed, nearly every book on the library shelf could potentially offend or disgust a reader. And there are some subjects which have no place anywhere. So, how do we define nearly. By definition, is the IR going to be the Censor and make the determination of what is appropriate and not offensive. Why not place the book along side copies of Playboy and Playgirl to be fair to people of all sexual orientations. Or the library can have separate sections, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Straight Sexually Oriented People and Not so Straight. Ardent Christians are opposed to the ardent liberals, somehow we should be able to compromise.

Its not surprising the IR has responded to this controversy with an opinion that is not very well written and fails to articulate the true meaning of freedom of speech and the press. I would like to thank the IR for affirming my impression of the IRs journalistic mediocrity.

PaulCohen wrote:

In testimony given at the most recent library board meeting I addressed the canard of this being a free speech and censorship issue. You can see my testimony at www.thepathoftruth.com, on the Notice Board, along with a summary of testimonies from the first board meeting with commentary. More from this week’s board meeting is in the works.

The IR should know better that to stake out such a position. Come on, people, you won’t even let someone write a letter to the editor here that mentions p…orn…ography, yet you champion keeping a book in the library that has vile depictions of homosexual orgies. Do you also disallow the use of the word "hypocrites"?

I said many things in an interview granted to Alana Listoe, very little of which made it into your paper, and what did was out of context. And you have the nerve to disallow discrimination based on standards of decency whereas you exercise discrimination based on prejudice against decency and godly reason? Shame on you.

Skosena, you say you are a "bible believing christian." You are nothing of the sort, except by your own false definition. Jesus Christ laid down His life to deliver people from their sins, but you are in agreement with providing information that validates them in sin, even laying a trap for those not yet ensnared. You are worse than a sodomite.

Al, who appointed you to preach your brand of "morality"? You contradict yourself. You also confuse terms. What you call freedom is lawlessness. Freedom brings life, but lawlessness death. Your free tongue is lawless, evilly surmising my motives, even stating them as fact without evidence. I have no desire whatsoever to try to protect you from the consequences of your sins. God forbid that I should try to deny you the destruction you demand. You fully need and deserve to reap the fruits of your ways, as you do even now and will.

Nevertheless, I speak the Truth for the sake of all, and should any of you be ashamed of your conduct and repentant, I would be glad of that.

c’est moi wrote:

Thank you, Mr. Cohen, for eloquently describing the hypocrisy of the Helena Independent’s "standards" in journalistic integrity.

I’ve also been censored by the delicate flower who screens obscenity, while his paycheck-signer prints any amount of lies, half-truths, or insinuation which would tarnish the reputation of whomever they please to discredit.

Bravo for holding a mirror up to this act of principled pretense masquerading as an authoritative and reliable newspaper.

ClancyCoot wrote:

It’s amusing how the IR commented about how much controversy has been stirred up, when it was they themselves kept it going with at least three different articles touting Paul’s concerns. I can understand reporting such stories, but to let one person have all this attention for his minority view over and over is bad journalism.

mama2 wrote:

Since the first mention of this issue in the IR, I have kept my children out of the library. We are a Baptist family and I take the responsibility of my childrens’ spiritual wellbeing very seriously.

The Bible clearly calls homosexuality an abomination to God. You can not follow Christ and also deny the immorality of homosexuality.

mykids wrote:

Straight, homosexual or whatever…..pornography is pornography and maybe the library should be charged with child endangerment by allowing PORNOGRAPHY on it’s shelves and having it available for CHILDREN to get ahold of.

To the writer of the article above: This newspaper is supposed to be NONJUDGEMENTAL. I do not enjoy reading this kind of one-sided trash! As a parent, I am seriously offended that my children can gain access to this book. I plan on commenting to the library accordingly.

I am not saying that the library needs to get rid of this book. However, I am going to strongly suggest that they make it so that it must be checked out by an adult and has adult viewablility only.
I would appreciate if the IR would be more open to the full truth in future articles.

RM wrote:

So far what I see is a censorship question. That is while myself and others find the book offensive isn’t really the question. You can’t stop stupid, you can’t legislate morality and like it or not there are people who believe they have the right to do whatever they want with whoever they want. We live in a country where that is their given right.

While I claim Christ as Savior I know Mr. Cohen, that comments similar to "you are worse than a sodomite" could be why the doors of the local churches aren’t being used more than they are. With Christian love like that WHY would they wish to have a relationship with Christ?

I see you know the word hypocrite, I wish you knew it’s meaning.

skosena wrote:

paulcohen…wow…I am not even sure if I should respond. I am pretty sure you won’t listen to anything I say…which is sad. I am not validating sin. I am not a sodomite. I am a Christian. I Believe that Jesus died for my sins and I have received Him as my savior. I Believe that He is the only way to salvation.

But Mr Cohen…I don’t live in a church state…I live in a republic. And in that republic we share a tax system that provides a wide variety of books in our Library…including the bible and the joy of sex and the joy of gay sex. I will fight until the end for any right that someone try’s to remove from me based on my faith or based on someone elses lack of faith. I will also fight Christians like you (see…I play nice and don’t attack your faith) and Christians like you will throw hate at me and say I am "nothing of the sort" when I say I am a follower of Christ. I want to be like Jesus and love them where they are at…I want them to have that chance to know Christ and let the holy spirit convict them about what they should and should not read. I know that being hateful and having an social agenda will not get me very far in the effort to love others.

ematt wrote:

Paul,

My what a tirade. Please cite the biblical passage where Jesus speaks of homosexuality. As a side note who are you to judge skosena?

"It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but it is what comes out of the mouth that defiles… what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this is what defiles, for out of the heart comes evil intentions, murder, adultery, fornication, theft, false witness, slander; these are what defile a person, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile." (Matthew 15:10, 18-20)

You should be ashamed for bearing false witness against those you know nothing about.

p.s. cest moi, looks like you don’t have to worry about washing you hands either!

al wrote:

Mr. Cohen’s 12:44 PM post is quite revealing, exposing his seething self-righteous anger for all to see. Mr. Cohen, you have blown it. No pun intended.

MTRICH wrote:
It is simple. It is a public library and the materials in it are subject to local sensibilities and laws. I posted the legal definition of obscenity earlier this week and there is little doubt this material qualifies. This is not a matter of orientation represented, the Karma Sutra qualifies as well and is therefore not suited for a public library. I have issues with those who do not believe their own speeches. I know these Librarians do not believe in their own NO CENSORSHIP statements as I cannot check out a Hustler, Penthouseor Playgirl for that matter. Not that I should be able to from a public library. We must of course limit the censorship of books or speech but there are limits to what can be allowed too. Obscenity and Hate Speech laws help our society mark these limits. Libraries have NO legal right to disregard these limits and provide books, movies or internet access to minors that would cause the immediate arrest of an individual who provided the same access to the same child outside of the library. Like it or not this publicly funded library is not a LAW FREE ZONE. Homosexuality, in and of itself, is not a valid reason for censorship in this day. It is also not exempt from obscenity laws. Put these books out of reach of our children or get them out of the library altogether.

PaulCohen wrote:

Al, the only thing revealed to you is your face in the mirror of Truth. All your words, including and particularly your foul imagination, reflect what is in you. Those who have eyes to see will see, and those who are blind, like you, see themselves.

Ematt, Jesus Christ said, "You shall not lie with mankind, as with womankind; it is abomination" (Leviticus 18:22 JPS). Yes, that was inspired by Jesus Christ, Who is Almighty God. Jesus said, "Before Abraham was, I am" (John 8:58). He also said that not one iota of the Law would fail, till all of it was fulfilled.

So who are you to judge me, seeing you have nothing of substance to say? Take your own words to heart: "You should be ashamed for bearing false witness against those you know nothing about." As for Skosena, read on.

Skosena, I did not say you are a sodomite; I said you are worse than one, based on the judgment of Jesus Christ: "And whoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when you depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Truly I say to you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the Day of Judgment than for that city" (Matthew 10:14-15 MKJV).

So what that you say you believe in God? Of what value is your word? The devils also believe, and they tremble. Jesus said that many would come claiming to believe on Him but would have nothing to do with Him, or He with them. You state it yourself. You propose to fight to the end for the world’s rights to sin and blaspheme God, because you are part of this world.

"And He said to them, You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world" (John 8:23 MKJV).

You say you want to be like Jesus, but you are not. He is not like sinners. You speak of another Jesus, one you can imitate in your corruption. Your love and works come from this putrid self-righteousness. Jesus Christ did not join Himself to sinners or fight for their rights to sin. You are serving Satan, the prince of this world, whom you call "Christ."

RM proves his own words, "You can’t stop stupid." He writes: "…there are people who believe they have the right to do whatever they want with whoever they want. We live in a country where that is their given right." I don’t know where he lives, but where we live, the police and courts disagree with his legal assessment. Men cannot have sex with minors or distribute smut to them, for just two examples of restrictions on behavior.

As for the churches not being visited on account of the false Christianity I have described, if that is so, the fault lies with the hypocrisy of those who falsely profess Christ and not with those pointing it out by the Word of God. Jesus Christ condemns false religion. Only those who love their falsehood and self-righteous selves more than the Truth want to have a relationship with your phony Christ, RM, and what you call "love," which has nothing to do with Him. How am I a hypocrite for pointing these things out? You don’t say. You have no idea at all of what you are talking about.

secret77 wrote:
I think I am going to puke!!

kzeiler wrote:
secret77 – Why are you going to puke?

Well, I know why I feel nauseous. Mr. Cohen has proven that not only is he most certainly NOT a Christian, but also has proven that he’s against our freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment of the Constitution of these great United States of America.

skosena, Al, ematt & others – I’d say that continuing to argue with such an obvious wild-eyed zealot is fruitless. Since I’m weighing in 2 days later, maybe you guys already figured that out!

gfguy wrote:

Paul, could you please take one step off the soap-box you and your intolerant brethren like Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson have staked out and understand that the entire Bible can be reduced to one word…love. Now, if love is what you are projecting on to others by calling them "sodomites," liars, and servants of the devil, well God have mercy on you.

In addition, quoting the Bible does not make you intelligent. All it tells me is that you know how to read.

gun961960 wrote:

Paul Paul Paul Paul….come on!! You seriously need to GET OVER YOURSELF!! How about you worry about yourself and your family and let the rest of us do the same. I find you to be vile and strange…..I wonder about how you came across this book and why you have had it in your posession for like a month? Why are you so worried about this book…for someone who clearly thinks that he is Jesus Christ himself and thinks (key word) he speaks the Truth (which I did not know was capitalized) I find it very odd you are so obsessed with this book. You are a freak of nature sir….you really are the most pompus, narcasist (sp?) that I have seen on this blog ever!! Don’t you understand that people read material and they take that information and make their own assessment. My point is I have a lot of friends who have strong faiths and they interpret the Bible in their own ways….what on earth makes you think that the way you have CHOSEN to interpret the Bible is the "right" or "correct" way? And lets get real here….you have religion, which is really factless….or FAITH based…right? And then you have science….which shows that indeed evolution did in FACT happen. Why does religion mean you have to throw commen sense and FACTS out the window? Most religious people believe the doctor when they tell them they have cancer and they respect their treatment plan….most religious people give their children vaccinations as per their pediatricians recomendation….so why is science and Facts OK then? It is very confusing to me….but I do know that Mr. Cohen is frightening and I think that most people can see him for what he is…a fear monger!!

Victor wrote:

Secret77, you will puke, have puked, publicly and unashamedly, and you will be lapping it up not long after you are done, having no recognition or value for right or good.

Victor wrote:

Kzeiler, you will eat your vomit with your canine companion, secret77, according to the proverb:

“As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool returns to his folly” (Proverbs 26:11 MKJV).

What do you know of Christianity? It takes a Christian to know what it is to be one. We are here to declare exactly what a Christian is, by God’s definition and not a dog’s.

Victor wrote:

Gfguy, our soapbox is the Lord’s appointment, and therefore will we speak, by His authority. We have no brother named Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson. Falwell is (or was) worse than those I address here – a phony of the first order. We have no agreement with him. As for Robertson, we must agree with many things he has to say, which are true, not that we agree with all; we don’t.

And what do you know about love or the Bible? You murder the Christ on a cross, are entirely unrepentant of it, and you dare to define “love” or to preach it?

As men sent of God, if we have referred to any as sodomites or liars or servants of the devil, it is because God has already had mercy on us, and has authorized and sent us to speak, and to tell the people what they are, what they are doing, and how they are destroying themselves.

You can’t see that we not only read but also understand the Bible because you have nothing whatsoever to do with the Bible or Its Author. Better you should shut your mouth and open your ears. You are altogether ignorant and are now wading into your destruction. But you won’t listen, so you will see if we know what we are talking about or not. This is not a threat, but a sure word that will be fulfilled, not by us but by the One Who sends us and gives us to speak.

Victor wrote:

Gun961960, the disciples of Jesus, as recorded in the Holy Scriptures, God’s Record, forsook their families to be His servants. They “got over themselves.” He called them to preach the gospel and the truth to all unbelievers that they might be spared destruction. He has called us to do the same. Your worry about yourself and your family is vain and fruitless; it won’t work. Neither will religion work, as with your friends. That is why we have to do what we are doing.

Does that sound crazy to you? You say that you find Paul vile and strange. While God calls sexual perversity vileness and confusion, you call the one God sends to speak against what He hates, vile and strange. You find God vile, gun? Yes, you do, and we know it. We’ll see who is vile.

As for Paul’s being a freak of nature, yes, to the world in its decadent, hateful, and vile state, those who speak and stand for right and good and Truth (with a capital – Jesus said He is the Truth) are freaks; there are precious few of us. However, we are fully assured that there will be a reversal, so that all men will eventually be before God on bended knee, in worship, their tongues joyfully and thankfully confessing that Jesus Christ, Whom men have despised and called vile, is Lord of all. God has declared it will be so.

You say, “My point is I have a lot of friends who have strong faiths and they interpret the Bible in their own ways….what on earth makes you think that the way you have CHOSEN to interpret the Bible is the "right" or "correct" way?”

First of all, if your friends had true faith, and therefore knew the Author of the Bible, you would not consider yourself their friend and you would have nothing to do with them, considering them vile as you do us. Indeed, you are right when you say they interpret the Bible in their own ways. They are not receiving God’s interpretation, and His is the only one that counts, not theirs, not yours, not ours.

And what do you know of the Bible to make any judgment? How ignorant and foolish you are that you can make judgments on matters and people and God, of which and of Whom you are entirely ignorant!

As to our chosen interpretation, it is not our choice or interpretation. God has given us His understanding by His Spirit. Therefore, when you go on to say that this is a matter of religion, you are wrong again. Religion is what causes all the trouble on earth. Religion is man’s opinion and interpretation, making of God what they will. We have God’s Truth, plain and simple, and we speak His Word to you, which you, in your corrupt nature, scorn and scoff at, according to the Scriptures (God knew you would). Peter wrote as God gave understanding to him:

2 Peter 3:1-7 MKJV
(1) Beloved, I now write this second letter to you, in which I stir up your pure mind by reminder
(2) to remember the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of the Lord and Savior by us, the apostles.
(3) First, knowing this, that there will come in the last days scoffers walking according to their own lusts
(4) and saying, Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.
(5) For this is hidden from them by their willing it, that the heavens were of old, and the earth out of the water, and through water, being held together by the Word of God,
(6) through which the world that then was, being flooded by water, perished.
(7) But the present heavens and the earth being kept in store by the same Word, are being kept for fire until the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

We deal with fact, which is not at all the opposite of faith, as you suppose. There is a righteous faith, based on true knowledge, which is what we have, and there is an empty faith, which is based on nothing but whim and fancy, which is what the religious have. Your friends have the empty faith. If they had the real you would not like it any more than you do here.

Evolution? Where has science proven evolution? Nowhere – no fossils, no links, nothing shows the slightest trace of evolution. Yet, proofs ought to be everywhere if it is true! Evolution is not science; it is anything but; it is madness.

How did we get on this topic now? Nevertheless, it is all one. Damned fools, and only damned fools, believe in evolution. God’s creation screams aloud at every turn, glance, and breath of His Authorship. What I find remarkable is that intelligence is evident only to those who have faith. You are unbelieving and unintelligent. In your wisdom, gun, you are really quite stupid, in heavenly terms, a veritable idiot. So are all evolutionists – I don’t care who you are. And God Himself says so (see our links). I was there too.

Gun, you write: “Most religious people believe the doctor when they tell them they have cancer and they respect their treatment plan….most religious people give their children vaccinations as per their pediatricians recomendation….”

You are right, most religious people do, but again, we aren’t coming in or by religion; we are not among those people, who bring nothing but disrepute to God’s Name. True Christians will not believe their doctor simply because their doctor said something. They believe God. True believers in God, who obey Him, will not vaccinate their children, destroying them. I do not know of one true believer of God, who walks by faith and obeys Him, who has cancer. As for the medical establishment’s treatment plans of cancer – radiation, chemotherapy, and surgery, those are diabolical; they are butchery. Those who are subjected to those treatments are not pleasing to God and that is why they suffer both the disease and man’s so-called cure, which is often and usually worse. You too will perish in your ways, gun, being grossly ignorant of so many things, as many like you are. Which should answer your next question:

“So why is science and Facts OK then?”

Evolution is not science; it is sheer deception, vain imagination of fools and idiocy. Much (though not all) in the medical establishment is no better. If you don’t believe us, you and yours will die subject to lies and corrupt men’s machinations. Concerning these matters, there are many “facts” on the internet.

Facts, gun? Just what are the facts? Do you know? No, you don’t. That is why we are here to speak, so that you will know. It is for your sake we speak. And that is why we are frightening. Wait till you see the consequences of not heeding what we have been given to speak from Him. Already you suffer them.

PaulCohen wrote:

Gun, what needs getting over is your lack of reason and moral clarity.
Let’s start with your wrong guesses based on a lack of facts. I have the book in my possession, because, unlike you, I want to know what I am talking about when I speak against something. Instead of having any certain knowledge, you insinuate hypocritical motives on my part, exaggerating about how long I have had the book in order to pad your case. It is clear your motive is to discredit the things I have said by trying to discredit me. But you lack any facts to do so.

You say the Bible is “factless.” That is quite bold of you, a mere man, to call the accumulated testimony of men of God, culminating in the testimony of the only begotten Son of God, “factless.” Where are you getting your “facts”? Why should anyone believe you over the Bible? On what authority?

Your knowledge of science is no better. There is no proof of macro evolution, not a stitch. The reason why? It never happened, and it is not happening. The only process at work is the devolution of man in sin, which is what has made men try to work God out of existence, no matter how far fetched and patently absurd the “science” they come up with to do it. That is also why people believe such nonsense.
Your protest against decency in the name of “common sense and facts” is representative of the degradation of humanity. You tout insanity in the name of sanity, myth in the name of science, and murder in the name of health.

Most religious people, if they entrust themselves to doctors prescribing chemotherapy and vaccinations, are the blind following the blind. They are certainly not following good science, because they are putting their trust in man rather than in God. He has provided good answers to these health issues that are wholesome, safe, preventative, and affordable for everyone.

“Behold, this only have I found: that God made man upright; but they search for many schemes” (Ecclesiastes 7:29 HNV).

One who hides behind the handle of “gun” sounds more like a fear monger than the one who speaks openly in his own name. The facts are plainly on my side.

PaulCohen wrote:

Diazo, I do not consider the Word of God spoken by faith to be powerless, because I know full well that the opposite is true. Someday you will know it, too. The Koran is not of faith, however, so it has no power with God. It may sway the unstable, and has, but nothing will come of it in the end. The same goes for Zen Koans.

I attack no one of truth faith, or otherwise. I attack the lies of those who call themselves Christians and are not, like Skosena. She is worse than the most degenerate Sodomite, dirtying the Name of Christ with her self-righteous whoredoms. As for others like you and gun, I have answered your wicked thoughts and stupidities. If you are too proud and stubborn to forsake them, that is your own fault and problem.

I am not intellectually dishonest as you falsely accuse. I gave you a Scripture that proved Jesus Christ is God and one that proved He agreed with all the Law. Here are many more about Christ as God Himself appearing in the flesh: The Most Glorious of Truths and Jesus Christ, Almighty God.

And, as a matter of fact, I don’t eat scallops. Does God equate the eating of scallops with homosexual acts? Not at all. You are doing what many critics accuse those who believe the Bible of doing, being nothing more than unthinking literalists. Who would believe that heathen ignorant of dietary law eating a scallop is the same as a grown man professing faith in Christ pursing an illicit sexual relationship with another man? There is no comparison between the two, and you are wicked to suggest that God would be so foolish as to agree with your knavish interpretation of His Law.

Your suggestion that Christ and the disciples would have had to fend off accusations of homosexuality is natural for the fouled condition of your mind, living in this present day Sodom, but is not warranted at all according to the facts on hand regarding what happened in those days. First, the children of Israel were not raised that way. Second, and more convincing, the people at large knew that Christ was of God, so they would not have had even the remotest thought of impropriety in His doings. Even His enemies had to scrounge to find something with which to accuse Him, and not one of them dared to suggest He was allowing or committing homosexuality. That should tell you something, but of course, being full of hate for truth, you cannot see for looking.

It is not my personal religious belief that homosexuality is an abomination. That is found in the Gospel of Christ, as I have shown, and affirmed by the apostle Paul:

“Likewise, their men have given up natural sexual relations with women and burn with lust for each other. Men commit indecent acts with men, so they experience among themselves the punishment they deserve for their perversion” (Romans 1:27 GW).

I cannot dictate what the library will do, but I can certainly speak the Word of God for the good of all, something your reaction proves very much needs to be heard. What is arrogant is for you to denounce such speech, using every possible means to try to condemn the messenger because you hate the Message.

Click HERE to go back to "The Joy of Gay Sex?"

      

Facebook Comments